THON Rules and Regulations
Join us on February 17, 2023MAKE A DONATION
Make a difference in the life of a child.
The Rules & Regulations Committee promotes the safety of all THON events and fundraising practices through the hard work of 40 captains and 700+ committee members. Broken down into two categories, Event Safety and Fundraising Safety, we contribute year round to upholding THON's mission. Read more about each side below!
- Creates a safe and secure environment at all THON events
- Facilitates many aspects of building management, including Entrance Plan, Floor Access, and multiple THON Weekend Events for dancers, families, and spectators
- Educates R&R committee members on security practices throughout the year
- Works alongside the Fundraising Safety Committee to secure the Bryce Jordan Center during THON Weekend.
- Facilitates most of THON's volunteer-based fundraising efforts
- Fosters fundraising success and integrity by providing assistance, relaying important rules and guidelines, and acting as a resource to THON volunteers
- Manages THON's sole online giving platform, DonorDrive
- Works alongside the Event Safety Committee to secure the Bryce Jordan Center during THON Weekend.
Help save the lives of children battling cancer by supporting THONTM. Our committee, THON Rules and Regulations, is taking action by uniting with 16,500 student volunteers to raise funds and awareness in the fight against childhood cancer. Since 1977, THONTM has raised over $200 million for Four Diamonds at Penn State Health Children's Hospital. Throughout our partnership, we have ensured that over 4,000 families have not seen a single medical bill. In addition, the local research that is being done is making a global impact so that one day, we will find a cure. Each February, THON's yearlong efforts and support for the families culminate in a 46-hour, no-sitting, no-sleeping dance marathon.